Poker Winning Software

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Marinated Flank Steak

Marinated Flank Steak
Pineapple juice, soy sauce, and honey are used as a marinade for this
flavorful steak
This mouthwatering flank steak recipe can also be made with other beef cuts. Recipes
for grilled porterhouse, tenderloin, and sirloin variations can be found below.
Prep time: 10 minutes plus marinating time
Cooking time: about 15 minutes plus standing time
You Will Need
3/4 cup pineapple juice
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup soy sauce
One 1 1/2-inch cube ginger, peeled
1 medium-size jalapeño pepper, halved, cored, and seeded
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 3/4 pounds flank steak, well trimmed
What to Do
1. Puree all ingredients except steak in a food processor. Pour marinade into a large self-sealing plastic bag,
add steak, seal, turn to coat well, and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill or broiler. Remove steak from marinade, pat dry on paper towels, and grill over moderate
coals or broil 4 inches from the heat until steak is the way you like it -- 5 to 6 minutes on each side for
medium-rare and 6 to 7 minutes for medium. Flank steak cooked beyond medium will be tough. Let stand
about 10 minutes, then, starting on the shorter side of the steak, slice on the bias and across the grain as
thin as possible.
Serves: 4
Per serving: Calories 363; total fat 18 g; saturated fat 7 g; protein 42 g; carbohydrate 6 g; fiber 0 g; sodium
170 mg; cholesterol 104 mg
Variations:
Grilled Porterhouse
Prepare as directed, using the following marinade: 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 peeled cloves garlic, 1 cup
tightly packed fresh basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Substitute 1 ( 1 1/4-inch-thick, 1-
pound 10-ounce) porterhouse steak for flank steak.
Grilled Tenderloin
Prepare as directed, using the following marinade: 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 2 peeled whole shallots, 2
tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Substitute 4 (1 1/4-inch-thick, 1/2-
pound) tenderloin steaks.
Rubbed Sirloin
Substitute this dry rub for marinade: 2 tablespoons ground cumin, 3 minced cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon salt,
1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano. Rub on both sides of 4 (1/2-inch-thick, 5-ounce) sirloin
steaks and grill 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.

1 Comments:

  • Maybe you can help me out with something…? I want to order all of my food online from now on because of various reasons, but I don’t know where to go for quality food. I have tried 2 companies so far, Fresh Dining, and and Celebrity Foods, but I wanna get others I can try out. Do you know of any? The main thing I’ve ordered so far is steak. I guess you can say, I’m a steak junkie. LOL!!! From what I have found out (from what I have ordered so far) I think I am able to regulate the quality of beef I buy. I hate going to a store and getting that crappy slab of beef that I have to cut down until there is like nothing left. Hahaha!!!! (its so true though) Anyhow, sorry that I made this comment so long. If you can help me out or point me in a direction where I might find more quality foods online, I would greatly appreciate it. Have a good day or night! (depending on when you read this) LOL!!!!

    By Blogger leosatter, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home